Description from the publisher
This script is a real world application that shows how to use MySQL with PHP. You can learn from the step by step commented php source code how to build a php program that uses MySQL to keep a database of your books. Program functions implemented include, saving a new record, listing of records for user selection, selection of a record and displaying its details, updating a record, deleting a record and searching for records. Once you have learned the techniques used in this program, you can build any php-mysql based programs.
If you are looking for a full example source codes for a complete PHP program that shows how to use PHP with MySQL, then this package is for you.
Here's what you'll learn from this package.
1. How to create and use functions in PHP
2. How to use html forms to send data to a PHP script
3. In a php script, how to properly retrieve data sent from a html form
4. How to separate php code from html and css files
5. How to display php generated data in html forms
6. How to use php include files to avoid unnecessary code duplication
7. In php functions, how to use variables defined outside the function
8. In php functions, how to pass variables into the function so that they can be used in the function
9. In php functions, how to return values of variables to the calling program.
10. In a php script, how to connect to a MySQL database, execute a query, get the query results and the number of rows returned in the query result.
11. How to dynamically fill a html form selection list with data returned from a mysql query.
12. How to use regular expressions to validate certain data inputs
13. In php script, how to redirect to another php script
14. How to avoid problems in query strings by using str_replace and addslashes
15. How to construct SQL queries that contain php variables.
16. How to use php to handle html form input errors and report them to the user.
Other products of this publisher
This eBook "How to Create an eBook Using Visual C++" is a step-by-step illustrated guide for Visual C++ developers to learn how to compile HTML files into a Windows executable, therefore avoiding the need to use commercial HTML compilers.
Would you like to know how to create embedded SQL database applications using using Visual C++ with SQLite? Download this sample eBook.
Would you like to know how to create XML-enabled applications using Visual C++ with TinyXML?
Would you like to know how to create MySQL client applications using Visual C++ with MySQL C API?
Would you like to know how to create MySQL client applications using Visual C++ with MySQL++ class library?
Would you like to create your own personalized multi-media greeting cards using Visual C++? Use this C++ source codes to create customized greeting cards for any occasion or recipient. It will be a useful marketing tool for your business.
Would you like to create your own e-book, e-brochure, e-catalog, e-magazine, etc. using Visual C#? Use this C# source codes to create customized e-publications for any occasion or recipient. It will be a useful marketing tool for your business.
Would you like to use C++ to build your own file encryption program? This real-world example source code package contains a fully functional program that encrypts and decrypts text or binary files.
Learn how to use C# with ADO.NET Data Provider for SQLite to create a program that keeps a database of C# code snippets. The SQLite database included with the free program contains C# programming tips and techniques.
Learn from ebook and well commented example source codes, the easy way to use MySQL with C#. In addition to an ebook, this package contains a real world .NET program that allows you to manage a collection of MySQL and C# programming notes.